Wednesday, January 13

Prayers for Haiti



Today my prayers are with the people of Haiti. With those who are suffering, those who have lost someone they love, and those who are waiting for word of whether their loved ones survived. Today I find my heart heavy with saddness for a country already ravaged by poverty and disease. I will never understand why things like this happen in places plagued with suffering and injustice... and I will most certainly never deem it fair. My heart aches for the children who will now become one of the world's voiceless - one of the nearly 150 million orphans in our world. I pray that the beautiful people of Haiti feel God's grace, love, and mercy today as they seek comfort and understanding... as they search for a renewed faith in our Father. I hope you'll join me in praying for Haiti today, tomorrow, and until a sense of peace and hope has been restored to its people.

The above photograph is from National Geographic online.

No comments:

Post a Comment