Sunday, October 3

Weekly Pregnancy Post



We've officially made it to the half-way point in our pregnancy - that is if she decides to wait the full 40 weeks to make her debut. Some days I feel like this pregnancy is going so fast and others I feel like I've been pregnant forever. I think that has something to do with the miscarriage earlier in the year - in fact, our first baby was due just two weeks ago...I can't believe how fast those nine months came and went. I have a feeling these last 20 weeks will go by quickly as well!

How Far Along: 20 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: The only true pregnancy symptoms these week were some nausea and tiredness. I've apparently come down with a cold and it's true when they say that every symptom while pregnant is magnified. I'm also told that it can take three-times as long to get over a cold which would be just lovely. I was most worried that being sick could harm the baby but the strep tests came back negative and the doctor assured me that she'll be just fine in there. My body is working extra hard these days to keep her safe while I feel miserable but I'm just fine with that... as long as she stays healthy, I can endure a few weeks of sore throats, runny noses, and no sleep. This also explains why I look absolutely terrible in this week's bump picture above - no sleep, a fever, and complete misery make an icky-looking mom-to-be!

Food Cravings: I haven't had many cravings this week... or much of an appetite for that matter. Perhaps that has something to do with being sick. The one thing I did look forward to all week was my mom's homemade beef stew on Saturday night - delicious!! It was just what I needed. And it was nice not to have to prepare it myself. I love that you're never too old to go home :)

What I Miss: Sleeping. I'm back to spending most of my nights tossing and turning or lying on the couch watching infomercials. I'm sure being sick hasn't helped the cause but I find that I'm having terrible hip pain when I'm lying down or sitting for a while which can make sleeping an impossible task. I suppose I'm just preparing for motherhood and those late-night feedings!

Maternity Clothes: I'm managing with just four pairs of maternity pants and a few tops. Some of my regular sweaters and shirts still fit as long as they are long enough. I'm waiting until my belly gets a little bigger because I buy some more pants and shirts because some people have warned me that I may need to go up a size in maternity clothes as I get even further.

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Finding out that we're having a baby girl! And equally as exciting has been looking at cute baby girl clothes. If you know me, you know that I am an incredibly picky person and when it comes to baby stuff, there's so exception. After finding out baby is a girl, we headed to Kohls and Target to look at some summer clearance stuff for next year and some winter stuff but we didn't find much we liked. I just can't help it - I have expensive taste and I'm drawn to Baby Gap like it's a drug. So on Friday night while Dave was at Bayshore having dinner with a friend, I headed to that very heavenly baby store and fantasized for a good hour about owning every item on the shelves. Amazingly, I walked out with only one outfit - and it was all on sale! I found an adorable little onesie that says "I love Daddy" on it and got baby girl her first pair of jeans (dark washed bootcut of course) and a cable-knit sweater. I figured I could justify to Dave my need to buy the outfit for the very fact it was all about daddy... and he agreed :) And this post wouldn't be complete without a picture of it. She's going to be one spoiled little girl. My mom's already given us a couple cute outfits and I have a feeling we'll be visiting the Baby Gap again soon!



3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're halfway there! Time really has flown by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so silly! i think you look absolutely amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, yes.. I thought you'd looked stunning in the picture! And that's funny, after we found out the gender of our babies, I headed to BabyGap to get an outfit for them. And then I really couldn't afford to get them regularly, but it's fun to have one special outfit.. I love the one you chose! CUTE

    ReplyDelete