Sunday, October 10

Weekly Pregnancy Post

I've been terrible at blogging during the week and even though I promised this blog wouldn't turn into everything baby related, it has. I suppose that has something to do with the excitement factor in our lives these days - it all centers around baby. I promise I'll catch up with a few other posts this week but for now, here's the weekly pregnancy post.



How Far Along: 21 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: This was a good week. I'm slowly getting over the cold and starting to feel more energized. My biggest complaint is still the pains I'm feeling in my hips, tailbone, and legs. The leg cramps themselves haven't been as bad since I'm getting more potassium and staying hydrated, but I did wake up screaming with a charlie horse in my calf the other night - thankfully Dave rubbed it out and let me cry in pain for a while (sound familiar, Safi?).

Cravings: Chocolate and cheeseburgers. No, not together, thankfully. I haven't been eating much meat during this pregnancy but randomly craved a cheeseburger the other day. The hubby was happy to fire up the grill and cook up some burgers and they were delicious! Baby girl also has grown to love chocolate and this mom-to-be isn't complaining one bit. I keep the indulgences to a minimum (most days) but chocolate is a sure way to get her moving these days. I'm praying the chocolate doesn't have a lasting effect into her toddler years :)

Maternity Clothes: I hate that Wisconsin can't seem to decide if it wants to be fall or summer. It's been unseasonably warm recently which makes dressing a bit of challenge since I didn't need to purchase any summer maternity clothes. All my pants are either for work or winter - it's no fun wearing cords when it's 80 degrees outside. Same goes for my tops. The short-sleeved shirts are getting just a bit too short. I never thought I'd say this but I'm ready for winter. I'm ready pull on my warm maternity cords and sweaters and be comfortable. I finally gave in and bought two more pairs of work pants and a couple shirts... I think I'm good to go for a while now. I'm enjoying buying baby clothes far more than maternity clothes anyways!

What I Miss: Nothing in particular this week. I'd say that second trimester honeymoon phase has returned for now - I hope it stays for a while!

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Dave got to feel baby girl's kicks for the first time last Sunday night. I have been feeling quite a bit of motion for a while now but nothing strong enough for Dave to feel. We were sitting on the couch enjoying some Sunday-night TV when I felt some pretty strong kicks. I helped Dave's hand navigate around the belly for a while in search of the kicks and sure enough, she gave him some nice strong ones for a good few minutes. I think the only other time I've seen Dave that happy and excited was on our wedding day. I can't wait for her kicks to be even stronger and for her movements to become more regular. Although I must say, since that day Dave hasn't been able to feel many strong kicks again. Baby girl will kick away for me but the second Dave puts his hand there she stops. He talks to her, begging for her to kick but nope - I think she likes to play games with him. She sure is one stubborn little baby already!

1 comment:

  1. One of my best friends is pregnant with a baby girl right now and whenever Mercy (baby girl) is kicking away she always stops when Leah puts Jamie's hand there! He does the same thing begging her to kick again and she never will!

    ReplyDelete