Monday, December 28

A Miracle on Flight 253

I plan to do a post about Christmas but haven't quite gotten around to downloading the software to my new camera (thanks hubby!) in order to post a few pictures. In the meantime, I wanted to post about the Keepmans, a local Wisconsin family aboard the Northwest Airlines Flight 253 that was nearly bombed on Christmas Day.

My reason for sharing this story is two-fold. First, the family was probably more composed on and after that horrific flight than I would ever be. Their bravery alone is worth sharing. Second, the family had two VERY special children traveling with them.... two sweet Ethiopian orphans, traveling to their new home in Wisconsin with their forever family. We all know my passion and love of everything Africa and adoption but this story tugged a little harder at my heart strings. These beautiful children were completely oblvious to what was happening aboard that airplane because of the sheer excitement of coming home to America with their new family. I thank God for their innocence and know that he was truly watching over the Keepman family, and the other 270 passengers, abroad that flight. Afterall, why would God do something so great as rescue two children from life as an orphan to only let something so terrible happen to them on their way home? He certainly is the maker of Christmas miracles!

You can read the complete story here.

What makes me even more excited is that the family is returning to Ethiopia in a few weeks to bring home their THIRD adopted child! They have no qualms about flying, even after what happened to them, because they have faith and trust in God's plan for them. I only hope that I can have this much strength and courage someday. And who knows, maybe someday when our adopted child(ren) are home, they'll get to meet their fellow Ethiopians-turned-Wisconsite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment