Sunday, September 5

Weekly Pregnancy Post

This week was rather un-eventful. I have felt probably the best I've felt the entire pregnancy which was a relief. I've been scouring the Internet, catalogues, and blogs to start planning the nursery. I've thought up some great DIY projects for the nursery that will help to not only keep me (and certainly Dave) busy during the next five months but also to help personalize the nursery. Other than that, we're basking in the glory of the second trimester!

How Far Along: 16 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: Tiredness and more tiredness. I hear this really will never go away... during the rest of the pregnancy and even more so, once the baby's born. I think it's time that I accept that I'll always be a little more tired than I was pre-baby. Other than that, this was a good week symptom-wise. I'm starting to understand why they call the second trimester the Honeymoon phase of the pregnancy.

Food Cravings: Breakfast. I've never been a breakfast eater - usually a granola bar would satisfy my morning hunger. Recently, I've been making breakfast my biggest meal of the day. In addition to my morning protein breakfast drink (it's how I get my extra daily 300 calories), I have a big bowl of yogurt with granola and fresh fruit, a few pieces of bacon (definitely a craving at this point), a banana, and sometimes even a small bowl of dry Multigrain Cheerios. This seems to tie me over until lunch with the occasional need for a late-morning snack. Thankfully, the McDonald's shakes and long john cravings were limited to a week. This past week didn't bring any weird cravings, thankfully.

What I Miss: Being able to get dressed quickly. See next point for elaboration.

Maternity Clothes: I've officially hit the "nothing fits" brick wall. This week my belly definitely grew more than the past few. I can no longer button any of my pants/shorts. I find it awkward to wear my pants open with a hair tie or rubber band holding the button closed - I feel like it'll snap at any moment, leaving my rear exposed. Thankfully, my mom's co-worker gave me some of her maternity clothes and I found a nice comfy pair of jeans that fit so perfectly and comfortably, I'm convinced all jeans should have elastic waistbands (goodbye button digging into my stomach!). I'm hoping most of my work clothes still fit for a few more weeks since most were big pre-pregnancy. Most of my shirts will continue to work for a while thanks to the empire waist style that have been so popular. I just have to remember to give myself extra time to get ready these days - gone are the days of throw-on-whatever-I see-in-my-closet-this-morning.

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Ordering fabric samples of the bedding we (okay, I) picked out (and Dave agreed to) for the baby's room. We're hoping to pick out our exact paint color (I can tell you it's a neutral color that works with both the boys and girls bedding) and get the room all painted before we find out the gender. That urge to decorate and get the baby's room ready is taking over! We've cleared out half the room but we've still got a lot of work to do before any baby gear can be brought in so we're giving ourselves plenty of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment