Sunday, September 19

Weekly Pregnancy Post

I know I can't dodge the requests for belly pics much longer but I'm still not entirely ready to share the belly with the world yet. I've done a good job of hiding it until this week when it decided to pop out a little. Slowly but surely I'm transitioning from what I think looks like me gaining a few pounds (although I haven't gained any weight just yet) to a cute little pregnant belly. So if you're one of those people who keeps asking, I promise I hear you and I promise soooooon you'll get your wish :)

How Far Along: 18 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: What a weird week symptom-wise this was. The nausea has returned and somedays, in full-swing. Heartburn is increasing and I'm noticing it with strange foods, especially fruit and carrots (who would've thought!). I'm having bad leg cramps when I sit too long and especially when I sleep. My skin is incredibly itchy which I hear is common but something I haven't experienced yet. I have a feeling my body is trying to adjust to being back at work because I'm even more tired than before - my new bedtime is 8:30pm and don't try to wake me because as Dave will tell you, I'll more than likely be completely disoriented and quite possibly bite your head off :)

Food Cravings: Carbs - bread (especially fresh bagels and french and sourdough) and plain pasta. I've indulged in my random sweets cravings, including tootsie rolls and oreos. Hopefully all these carbs and sweets will help me to gain a little weight - while the doctor isn't too concerned with my not gaining any weight yet, I know the hubby is. I tell him to wait a few weeks, I'm sure he'll notice me packing on a few pounds ;)

What I miss: My clothes. My favorite jeans and favorite work pants are packed away until post-baby.

Maternity Clothes: I had the biggest belly growth this week. In fact, the belly is noticeable now which means that my pre-pregnancy pants are all packed away. I tried wearing a few pairs this week, leaving them unbuttoned but it made for a very painful belly and uncomfortable sitting. Thankfully, I have a fabulous mother who so graciously took me shopping for some maternity clothes - I'm now set with a few pairs of work pants, some jeans, and a few tops. Most of my pre-pregnancy tops will fit for a while still but it's nice to have some more loose-fitting tops that are comfortable for the growth that seems to be happening quickly these days.

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Feeling baby hiccup. I woke this morning to the baby hiccuping for a good 20 minutes. It's the coolest yet strangest feeling... just slightly different than when the baby moves. It's a little reminder of the tiny life growing inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment