Sunday, September 12

Weekly Pregnancy Post

How Far Along: 17 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: The tiredness is still my greatest complaint - surprise, surprise! This week I've noticed the forgetfulness and the pure emotional craziness (just ask the man at the paint counter at Home Depot about my breakdown complete with tears and forgetting my paint). This week the nausea and vomiting returned - the doctor says it may have been from a bug, my anxiety about starting my new job tomorrow, or maybe the baby just wanted to remind me it was still there. Luckily it passed in just a few days.

Food Cravings: I didn't have many cravings this week other than one completely ridiculous and impossible-to-indulge-in craving: Door County's Sweet Apple Wine. I'm not much of a drinker but the hubby and I do enjoy a glass of wine on Saturday nights. I guess I caught a whiff of his wine this weekend and really wanted one of my own but for baby's safety, I'll refrain. Lucky me, mom and dad bought me my very own bottle while in Door County this past week and it'll be waiting in the pantry for me for after the baby arrives :)

What I miss: I'm missing a good night's sleep this week. Between whatever stomach bug or anxiety I was feeling this past week and the leg cramps, the insomnia and poor sleeping started up again. I'm hoping this moves along quickly because this cool weather makes it so comfy to sleep at night.

Maternity Clothes: Each week my clothes continue to fit more awkwardly. My belly is just big enough for my regular pants to be a little too snug when buttoned up but maternity pants are still a little too big. We did notice quite a big belly growth this week so hopefully in the next few weeks I can transition to just maternity clothes. It's hard to look cute when you're throwing together whatever fits these days!

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Hearing baby's heartbeat!! We were so disappointed at our 12 week appointment when the baby was moving around too much to actually catch the heartbeat. Thankfully, this time baby stayed still just long enough to hear the heartbeat for a few seconds and it was amazing! I can't even describe the sound - it was unlike anything I'd ever heard. The doctor gave us the okay to schedule our big ultrasound for the gender reveal and in just two weeks (the 27th) we'll know what baby Irish is hiding (or not hiding) between those little legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment