Tuesday, March 15

Oh so Busy

Excuse the lack of blogging these days but life with a newborn is busy, especially with daddy back at work. So what exactly do we do all day long? Well, Sophia still eats about every two hours, she naps for about an hour in between, and of course I change about 12 dirty diapers a day (one for each feeding). In between all that eating, sleeping, and diapering we manage to get in some play time. Sophia is learning to love her swing and bouncy seat and I'm enjoying being able to put her down for a few minutes. She loves being held, especially when she's sleeping which makes for very unproductive days (if only the laundry could clean itself!). Sophia also enjoys a few minutes of tummy time each day on her zoofari playmat that her Aunt Katie got her. She enjoys spending some time on her back underneath the lights and toys on the playmat, too. When daddy comes home from work, Sophia enjoys having long conversations with him and telling him all about her day with mommy. She's starting to vocalize more - rather than having those soft baby coo's, Sophia has these rather loud grunts that let us know she's really content and really has something important to say.

Sophia continues to grow before our eyes. At her two week checkup last week she was already 8lbs 1oz and 21.5 inches long. She's still a little peanut but her cheeks are getting all nice and chubby so we're certain she's getting enough to eat. I already packed away her newborn clothes which made me a little sad but she has a whole closet full of clothes to grow into and growing she certainly is :)

As for me and Dave, we're managing. We're loving every minute we have with our sweet baby girl but we're definitely feeling the new parent syndrome. We're both exhausted and sometimes overwhelmed but we've been reassured that in the coming weeks life will settle down more and we'll feel more established in our role as parents. I will admit that Dave is the patient one, often coming to my rescue in the middle of the night when the sleep deprivation takes over and I just can't handle another minute of crying. He's been incredibly supportive and helpful - he even let me sneak out to the gym yesterday, a much needed break and mommy pick-me-up. We work well as a team and I am so thankful to have him. I have such a deep appreciation for single parents now - I don't think I could manage without him!

A few pictures of playtime with mommy...

Introducing Sophia to her crib


She's not so sure about this whole crib thing

Mommy and Daddy's bed has much more room than that crib!

She's always so curious

I love her content face

No comments:

Post a Comment