Tuesday, November 2

Weekly Pregnancy Post

If my lack of blogging and delay in writing this weekly pregnancy post aren't enough of an idication on how pregnancy is treating me these days, then let me be frank with you - the energy is majorly lacking. And by majorly lacking I mean basically nonexistent. Between work and keeping up with the cleaning and other household responsibilities, I don't have much energy at the end of the night to do much more than head the gym and then perch myself on the couch until I fall asleep at a nice early hour. There are so many more things I intend to blog about each week but putting up my feet and taking a nap always sounds like much better option than heading to the computer. So I apologize for the boringness that this blog has become. For those still following our pregnancy journey, I hope these weekly posts are satisfying your curiosity for now.

How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: Exhaustion. Round ligament pains in the belly (yes, it's growing slowly but surely). Continuous leg and hip pain - we discussed this with my doctor at tonight's visit and she said unfortunately, there isn't much that can help with this. She suggested getting more potassium in foods such as tomatoes but I would much rather suffer some leg pain that eat a tomato. She said that as long as I continue to eat bananas, get enough calcium, and stretch when exercising, I should be able to minimize the pain. Her other suggestion was to delivery the baby but she was quick to point out that really isn't an option at this point... thanks Doc.

Food Cravings: Cheese. The craving is officially back, mostly in the form of string cheese, cheese and crackers, and cheese-flavored crackers. This week I really craved ham so I made a delicious turkey ham that satisfied the craving for three whole days. I continue to bribe baby girl to move with a little piece of chocolate each day and it never fails... and it always makes me a happy lady as well.

What I Miss Most: Sleeping through the night. Early in the pregnancy I had insomnia and wasn't sleeping well. For the past 10 weeks or so, I've finally gotten back on a pretty good sleeping schedule. I had been falling asleep early and staying asleep most of the night except for a trip or two the the bathroom (thanks to growing baby situated on the bladder). Now baby girl is developing a more regular schedule of movement which is contributing to my lack of sleep. She always wakes me at 3am and 6am to remind me that she's hungry and that she's wide awake. I usually spend the remainder of the night tossing and turning, trying to find a comfortable position that doesn't aggravate the hip and leg pain. Thank goodness for body pillows - they are a pregnancy lifesaver. Unfortunately, our bed isn't big enough for the four of us (yes, I consider the body pillow a person given the amount of space it takes up). When Dave was away on business last week, I slept so much better, probably because I got the whole bed to myself to spread out in. He may just have to start sleeping on the couch soon don't you all think?? :)

Maternity Clothes: I'm managing with what I've got. And thanks to my mom, I've got a few more sweaters to keep me warm. She let me dig in her closet for some longer sweaters that tie or zip that fit perfectly over a maternity shirt when left open. I suppose it's a good thing that the belly is growing slowly because I can still wear a few of my non-pregnancy sweaters from last year - I'm hoping to get by with this for a few more weeks yet.

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Registering for baby. This is a daunting task but it makes the pregnancy seem even more real and helped us narrow down our Christmas lists since our families are already asking (it's wayyyy too soon for us to think about Christmas but we know we'd rather have things for baby than ourselves this year). Dave says the best part this week was our 24 week appointment where we got to hear baby's heartbeat again. We're always amazed at how strong and clear her heartbeat is - it's a miracle to hear her tiny heart beating inside of me and it never ceases to amaze us.

No comments:

Post a Comment