Sunday, November 14

Weekly Pregnancy Post



How Far Along: 26 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: Constipation and hemorrhoids. Dave says to leave it at that. I pride myself on being completely honest about pregnancy and well, admitting to that is about as honest as it gets. Sorry to get personal on you but I couldn't paint an accurate description of pregnancy at this point without pointing out those two lovely side effects that come along with pregnancy. There is no shame in my game here, people.

Food Cravings: Cheese. Milk. Fresh bagels. French fries. Chocolate shakes.

Nursery Progress: Dave re-painted baby girl's room this weekend and it turned out beautifully! For those who don't know, pregnant women can be very indecisive (surprise, surprise!). We originally painted her room back at the end of September. We picked out the paint on a weekend I was sick which was the first mistake - all I wanted was to get out of the paint store and into my PJ's at home. The second mistake - letting my husband finish painting the entire room before figuring out that the color was just too pink. I like to describe the original color as "Pepto-Bismal throw-up". It literally looked like the stuff exploded on the walls. Well, after that I decided to pick out a few samples and paint them on the walls for a good month just to be sure I was making the right decision this time. I am completely satisfied with the new color and am looking forward to moving forward in the decorating process.

Pregnancy Dream of the Week: I'm adding this category because I have been having the most vivid dreams while pregnant. In fact, for the past few months, I've died in my sleep every single night. I suppose someone could tell me some meaning behind this but I think I'd rather not know. Usually I wake up after each dream and there tend to be several each night. Last night, I dreamt that our baby was born. She arrived 13 weeks early (just a week from today), she weighed about two pounds, and she had the loudest set of lungs I've ever heard. She was completely healthy and we took her home just a couple of weeks after she was born. It was so vivid - I remember that the birth was painless (clearly a dream) and that I held her for hours just staring in awe of how tiny she was. I'm praying this is one dream that doesn't come true because I'm certain she's not quite ready to come out yet.

My "Crazy Pregnant Woman" Moment of the Week: I'm adding this category for Dave because he will tell you that pregnancy makes women crazy. Or maybe just me. Either way, I tend to have at least one crazy pregnant woman moment a week and yesterday was no exception. While attempting to make dinner last night, I managed to knock over an entire large-sized can of tomato soup as I was reaching for a spoon to stir the ground turkey browning on the stove top. No big deal, right? Maybe to a non-hormonal pregnant woman. I lost it. The tomato soup ran all over the counter, onto my clean white stove, in the little crack between the counter and the stove top, all over my utensil holder...it was a tomato mess in my kitchen. I began grabbing paper towels as the meat started to burn a little and the tears began to well in my eyes. Then they began to flow. And then I began to yell at the soup. And the meat. And the hubby. And then I cried a good cry and declared we weren't eating dinner that night. I Went to our bedroom and had a good two minute, two-year-old tantrum before emerging. I headed back to the kitchen where the hubby had already cleaned up the soup mess and calmed the burning meat. Yes, only a pregnant woman would go crazy over spilled tomato soup.

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Shopping for adorable baby girl clothes. I've been doing good at not splurging every time I head to the store. This week, I had planned to meet up with my good friend (and grad school roommate) Kelsey for lunch and shopping at the outlet mall in Johnson Creek. I'd say it was a successful shopping trip because I came home with lots of new outfits for baby girl (and a few maternity things for me). And not only that, but I got to spend quality time with "Aunt Kelsey" as she'll be known to baby girl - she went to all the baby stores with me, picked out the cutest outfits, and reminded me why we've been friends since the fifth grade. Thank you Kelsey for a fabulous day! I can't wait to dress baby girl in the cute clothes you helped pick out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment