Friday, December 24

From Our Growing Family to Yours...

... we wish you a very merry and blessed Christmas!

I've found myself in a very different frame of mind this Christmas season. It's been interesting preparing for the birth of my own child at a time when we're preparing to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I find myself thinking about Christmas this year from Mary's perspective. I can only imagine what it would have been like to give birth to your Savior...to hold him in your arms and rock him to sleep. Being pregnant at Christmastime has also given me a new perspective on traditions and what I want for our daughter and family in the coming years. I complain to Dave often that so many people around us don't remember that Christmas is about Jesus' birth. They are too busy rushing about purchasing gifts, whipping up tasty treats, or figuring out the logistics of Christmas-day celebrations to truly reflect on why we celebrate in the first place. I don't want our daughter to ever forget the real reason we celebrate Christmas. I want us to bake a cake for Jesus and sing him happy birthday. I want to read the one, true Christmas story with her. I want to limit the number of gifts "Santa" brings so he doesn't overtake our celebrations. I want her to sing songs of praise loudly in front of church on Christmas Eve. There are so many things I wish for our daughter and growing family at Christmastime. I'm so excited to see what next year will bring. Until then, we'll celebrate with our families and enjoy our last Christmas as a family of two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment