Monday, December 6

Weekly Pregnancy Post



We're now certified to become parents. Or so we'd like to think. We completed our final birthing class on Saturday and received a nice little certificate saying we successfully learned everything we need to know to have this baby. Or so we'd like to think. Either way, we're more prepared for birth and newborn care and we're getting more and more excited (and admittedly anxious) with each passing week. To top it off, Wisconsin got its first snowfall this weekend which made it officially feel more like winter...meaning her due date feels that much more close.

How Far Along: 29 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: Same old, same old....exhaustion, leg cramps, hip pain, inability to sleep, and forgetfulness. I'm officially at the point where I cannot tie my shoes and shaving my legs is nearly impossible. I tend to be more clumsy these days, dropping things all day long, and it's nearly impossible to bend over comfortably. Thankfully, I don't even have to ask Dave to pick up things off the floor anymore - he's so good to me. I'm especially moody these days. One minute I'm happy and the next, well Dave will tell you the littlest thing will just send me over the edge. He was so happy to hear in our birthing class that those mood swings don't go away for quite some time after birth. Here he thought my hormones would go back to normal after having the baby. Poor guy :)

Nursery Progress: She has furniture! And curtains! But that's about it. We are so thankful to my parents who spent their Sunday helping us pick up our nursery furniture and who stayed to help get it assembled. I knew that I wouldn't be of much use to Dave when it came to setting up the crib so my Dad stuck around to help. They did a fabulous job and her room is slowly coming together. Remember last week when I said how disappointed I was that they didn't have our furniture in white? Well I'm glad they didn't because the Espresso-colored furniture looks so absolutely perfect with the light pink walls and white woodwork. We found a beautiful, inexpensive rocking chair at Target that my parents decided to purchase for me as an early birthday present and we can't wait for it to be delivered. Her room is finally starting to come together...just a few accessories to soften it up a little and prepare it for practical use and we'll be ready for baby!

Food Cravings: Chocolate chip pancakes. Thankfully, the hubby makes killer pancakes and the past few Sunday mornings he has so graciously dragged his butt out of bed to make me a delicious breakfast. I'm enjoying fruit recently, especially organic oranges and clementines. I still love pasta and bread and cannot seem to get enough milk and cheese!

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Besides getting her crib put together and the fact that her room is starting to look more like a nursery, the best moment of the week was finally being able to distinguish her feet and hands with her movements. She's been moving a lot for quite a few weeks now but until this week, her movements were rather random and it she turned so often it was hard to tell what body part was where. This week we've felt some strong kicks and I've even noticed a tiny foot on my belly. Today she gave me a strong kick when I poked her little foot and she attempts to high-five Dave when he asks real nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment