Sunday, December 12

Weekly Pregnancy Post



Pardon the terribleness of the pictures I post each week. Dave caught me this time in the middle of baking during this Sunday blizzard. He insists that we can only take pictures on Sundays because that's the day that truly marks the beginning of the new week. After morning church I usually trade in for some sweats and that's the point I usually think to take a picture. I swear I actually look much nicer during the work week :)

How Far Along: Thirty weeks. As Dave pointed out today, we are three-quarters of the way to her birth day!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Aching hips and feet. My feet have grown by at least a half size and now that it's officially winter in Wisconsin, I can't get away with wearing flats all the time. I dug out an old pair of winter boots from my mom's closet (since mine no longer fit) and luckily they fit quite well. Putting the boots on is a challenge in themselves but hey, at least my feet won't freeze!

Food Cravings: Chips Ahoy cookies with cold milk. Deeeeelliiisshhh.

The Belly: Well hello big belly! I had thought that I had already "popped" but apparently this was the week in which everyone else thought I popped as well. Everyone from co-workers to family to friends apparently noticed that I was pregnant this week. I even got the "your belly is so big" comment numerous times. While most women dread this comment, I welcomed it after months of hearing that I didn't look pregnant or that my belly appeared to not be growing. There are the occasional people, however, who say absolutely inappropriate things such as "it looks like your hips are getting wider also" or "I can tell you've gained some weight now". Those things...not really what a pregnant lady wants to hear, even if they are true. I'm well aware I'm gaining weight. Hello! I AM pregnant after all. And my hips, well I certainly hope they widen or she won't be able to get out of my belly. This week also drew some feelers - you know, those people who feel the need to touch your belly without asking. I absolutely hate when people touch my belly. Unless your my husband or family, and you've politely asked, there is no reason for you to touch my belly. I'll never understand why people feel that this is okay.

Worst Pregnancy Moment of the Week: The braxton hicks contractions have started and at times can actually be rather intense. They don't come every day and sometimes they only last a few seconds but there can be one or two that really throw my for a loop and I wonder if I'm not about to go into labor. I suppose this is what happens when it's your first baby and you really don't know what to expect. Plus, I'm the first to admit I'm big wuss when it comes to pain... labor should be oh-so-fun for Dave :)

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Lots of movement. We love that she's so active right now and that she's the perfect size (three pounds, 15 inches long) to feel those strong movements in my belly. Dave loves to watch and feel her move and talks to her. I swear she knows exactly who he is because as soon as she hears his voice or feels his hands, she'll follow him or react. It's absolutely precious. I enjoy my quiet time with her and I'm sure she appreciates not having to listen to me talk all day sometimes. I hear these movements start to decrease a little as she gets bigger and has less room to move around in there so we're savoring the moments now.

1 comment:

  1. hermanita! you always look super adorable in your preggers pics! :) see you in a week!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete