Wednesday, February 9

I'm here to announce...

...that I am still pregnant. Believe me, I'm as disappointed as you are.

I've received so many texts, emails, facebook messages, and phone calls asking if baby girl has arrived yet. I can assure you that she is still nestled comfortably (for her anyways) in my womb. In fact, I'm convinced she's caught on to the fact that it really is absolutely freezing outside (seriously, with a windchill of 10 below, it's freezing even for Wisconsin!). My belly isn't all that bad of a place to spend her days given that it's all nice and warm and cozy. While she may be enjoying her last few days (or weeks) in there, I certainly am not. I wear slippers under my desk at work, waddle like a duck, eat like a bear storing up food for the winter, and alternate the same two pairs of work pants all week long because my legs are too swollen for all the others. If I sound like I'm whining it's because I am - my doctor gave me full permission to whine like a two year old these last few weeks because she knows how absolutely miserable the end of pregnancy is. If you've been there you most certainly can understand my desire to scream repeatedly all day long, "Get this baby out of me!!"

With just eleven days until her due date, people have begun placing bets as to when they think she'll arrive. The majority still feel she'll arrive this weekend with a few people picking Valentine's Day or my birthday. A few weeks ago I would've told you she'd likely come early but now I think she may just hold out until the very end. We did tell her, afterall, that she's not due until February 20th. Dave reminds me every day that it's in God's hands and that she'll come when He feels she's good and ready. Waiting is hard; having patience is harder. Admitting my husband is right may just be the hardest thing of all... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment