Sunday, August 22

Weekly Pregnancy Post

The weeks are just flying by! I'm amazed at how much my body changes with each new week. I'm starting to gain some of my energy back, the pregnancy symptoms I'm experiencing change on a daily basis, and I'm officially getting the urge to start nesting. Dave's certainly ready to nest too... he's so excited and ready to be a dad, I fall in love with him more each day :)

How Far Along: 14 Weeks

Pregnancy Symptoms: The headaches are intensifying, especially in the late afternoons and evenings. The nausea comes and goes, mostly when baby wants to be fed. I'm so forgetful these days (please tell me that's a pregnancy symptom)... I put the milk in the pantry the other day and forgot that I started a load of laundry until about 5 hours after it had to be switched over. I'm starting to sleep a little more as I get a break from the constant trips to the bathroom throughout the night but the constant feeling of tiredness lingers throughout the day. Overall, I feel so much better than the first trimester - I have more energy, I feel less sick, and my appetite is coming back.

Food Cravings: I'm still craving cheese and milk mostly. Meat still doesn't appeal to me much but fruit is climbing the ranks - unfortunately, I haven't had any veggie cravings yet. I'm definitely craving more sweets than before. Give me a handful of cold chocolate chips and I'm a happy girl :)

What I Miss: Being able to exercise at the same intensity as pre-pregnancy. My doctor warned me I might feel more tired quicker when exercising and she was right. But she also encouraged me to keep with it because exercising will have a positive effect on the pregnancy and labor.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet. Baggy shirts and athletic clothes are the preference. You can't see the bump unless I'm in my gym gear - Dave loves to see the little bump come out. Speaking of Dave, his athletic clothes are slowly ending up in my dresser drawers. Nothing is more comfortable at this stage of pregnancy than his gym shorts :)

Best Pregnancy Moment of the Week: Feeling the baby's first movements! The other day I was sitting reading a magazine, finishing up my breakfast shake, when I felt some movement. I called Dave to tell him I felt like there was a butterfly trapped in my stomach and it was trying to escape. The movement lasted about 6-8 seconds. Dave, being my pregnancy expert (he researches everything!) informed me that what I felt was a flutter and that the experts describe it just like I did - a butterfly. I've felt it a few times since but not for as long as that first time. I can't wait to see how it'll feel when baby starts kicking.

1 comment:

  1. awwww i cannot WAIT to meet my little niece/nephew! i have their tiny photo up still :) if you get a chance, can you scan me the newest one??? ;) miss you!

    ReplyDelete