Tuesday, August 3

A Year of Wedded Bliss













On Sunday, Dave and I celebrated one year of wedded bliss. One year as husband and wife. One year of the rest of our life together. To say the past year has gone by fast is an understatement. On Sunday we spent some time reflecting on the past year - all the highs and lows, the joys that marriage has brought us, and where we hope the next year of marriage takes us. We are amazed at the strength and character that marriage has given each of us. We expressed our thankfulness to God for allowing us to wake up each morning and fall asleep each night next to each other, knowing that this will be our routine for the rest of our lives. I am amazed each day how much he loves me and that I continue to fall in love with him more each day. Marriage is an amazing gift.

We decided to celebrate our anniversary by visiting the very place we got married. We are thankful that we can visit our wedding and reception location anytime we'd like... most people get married in banquet halls or venues that aren't commonly open to the public. The Milwaukee Art Museum is a beautiful place, for a wedding or just a visit, and that's exactly where we headed on Sunday. But first, we stopped for some morning coffee and delicious bakery at Red Arrow Park's Starbucks downtown Milwaukee. During the winter months, Red Arrow Park is a popular outdoor ice skating rink - it also happens to be the place Dave took me on our first date. From there, we headed over to the lakefront for a visit to the Art Museum and a walk around the lake. We found some lovely tourists to take our picture in the very same spot we said "I Do" just one year earlier. I'll be completely honest, standing in big Windhover Hall filled with tourists made me wish I could bring in my flowers, set up the white chairs, throw on my dress and do it all over again. It was a nostalgic experience to say the least. After a delicious lunch and a little walk, we were ready to head home and bust out our wedding cake that had been safely tucked away in the freezer for the past year. I was a little skeptical of thole top-layer cake freezing thing, but it turned out wonderfully and was absolutely delicious! The beautiful design was all mushed and smeared and it didn't look nearly as grand as our wedding day but it tasted oh-so-wonderful! I had a nice big piece to make up for the fact that I didn't sit long enough to enjoy a piece on our wedding day. It was the perfect end to a perfect first anniversary.













We know we have an exciting second year of marriage ahead of us and we look forward to all the new joys that this year will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment